NABCOP 2019 Public and Patients Annual Report
This report is a summary version of the 2019 findings from the work conducted by the National Audit of Breast Cancer in Older Patients (NABCOP). We have written this for women with breast cancer and the general public.
This audit is a collaboration between the Association of Breast Surgery (ABS) and the Clinical Effectiveness Unit (CEU) of the Royal College of Surgeons of England (RCS). It was commissioned by the Healthcare Quality Improvement Partnership (HQIP) as part of the National Clinical Audit and Patient Outcomes Programme.
This report contains information on women aged 50 years and over, diagnosed with breast cancer between 2014 and 2017. It compares:
- women aged 70 years and older with women aged between 50 and 69 years; and
- different English and Welsh breast cancer teams with each other.
This report looks at what we know about women diagnosed with breast cancer in England and Wales. In particular:
- how their breast cancer was diagnosed;
- if women were seen by a breast clinical nurse specialist;
- the type of surgery women with breast cancer have;
- which women have radiotherapy after breast surgery; and
- which women have chemotherapy.
The full version of the 2019 Annual Report is also available to download.
If you have any queries about the audit, please contact us.
Published 9 May 2019
Copyright © 2021 NABCOP | Lovingly Crafted by Mixd